--> SHOPPING MALL AFFECTED
· The floods had affected the shopping malls along the basement of Orchard Road.
· High-class restaurants like the Wendy’s were affected by the flood.
· This repelled customers and some restaurants had no one patronising them. They also suffered electricity trips.
· Massive reconstruction and clean-up had to be done immediately after the flood .The damage of their goods also caused them a millions of dollars of loss.
- The floods caused traffic chaos.
- A tree which fell and blocked off all three lanes, result in the road closed.
- Many vehicles were toppled down by the flood and some drained in the flood, result in people trapped inside cars and buses.
- The owner of the vehicles also had to send their cars for a repair. Some had no choice but to purchase another one.
- The water level sensor reached 75% at the houses at Bukit Timah area at that morning.
- The floor had also reached people's knee-high level
- Also, the floor had caused serious damage on electronic devices in their houses.
From a litter-free Singapore, it became an unrecognizable hodgepodge of muddy water with general waste floating across the surface of the flooded pavements.